|All-State Career School-Allied Health Campus||50 W Powhattan Ave, Essington, Pennsylvania 19029|
|Anthem Institute-Springfield||400 S. State Rd 2nd Flr, Springfield, Pennsylvania 19064|
|Antonelli Medical and Professional Institute||1700 Industrial Highway, Pottstown, Pennsylvania 19464|
|Berks Career & Technology Center||1057 County Road, Leesport, Pennsylvania 19533-9112|
|Berks Technical Institute||2205 Ridgewood Rd, Wyomissing, Pennsylvania 19610-1168|
|Bidwell Training Center Inc||1815 Metropolitan St, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15233|
|Bradford School||125 West Station Square Drive, Suite 129, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219|
|Bucks County Community College||275 Swamp Rd, Newtown, Pennsylvania 18940-4106|
|Career Training Academy-Monroeville||4314 Old William Penn Highway, Monroeville, Pennsylvania 15146|
|Career Training Academy-New Kensington||950 5th Ave, New Kensington, Pennsylvania 15068-6308|
|Career Training Academy-Pittsburgh||1500 Shoppes at Northway, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15237|
|Central Penn College||College Hill & Valley Rds, Summerdale, Pennsylvania 17093-0309|
|Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology||540 N Harrison Rd, Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania 16823|
|Clarion University of Pennsylvania||840 Wood St, Clarion, Pennsylvania 16214|
|Community College of Allegheny County||800 Allegheny Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15233-1895|
|Community College of Philadelphia||1700 Spring Garden St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19130-3991|
|DCI Career Institute||366 Beaver Valley Mall, Monaca, Pennsylvania 15061|
|Delaware County Community College||901 S Media Line Rd, Media, Pennsylvania 19063-1094|
|Douglas Education Center||130 7th St, Monessen, Pennsylvania 15062|
|Du Bois Business College-Du Bois||Main Campus, One Beaver Dr, Du Bois, Pennsylvania 15801|
|Du Bois Business College-Huntingdon||Huntingdon Cnty Campus 1001 Moore Street, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania 16652|
|Du Bois Business College-Oil City||Oil City Campus 701 East Third Street, Oil City, Pennsylvania 16301|
|Erie Business Center-Erie||246 W Ninth St, Erie, Pennsylvania 16501|
|Erie Business Center-New Castle||170 Cascade Galleria, New Castle, Pennsylvania 16101-3950|
|Everest Institute-Bensalem||3050 Tillman Drive, Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020-2062|
|Everest Institute-Pittsburgh||100 Forbes Ave, Suite 1200, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222-1320|
|Forbes Road Career and Technology Center||607 Beatty Rd, Monroeville, Pennsylvania 15146|
|Fortis Institute-Erie||5757 W 26th St, Erie, Pennsylvania 16506-1013|
|Fortis Institute-Forty Fort||166 Slocum Street, Forty Fort, Pennsylvania 18704-2936|
|Great Lakes Institute of Technology||5100 Peach Street, Erie, Pennsylvania 16509-2482|
|Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center||1500 Fourth Avenue, Altoona, Pennsylvania 16602-3616|
|Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center||445 Schoolhouse Rd, Johnstown, Pennsylvania 15904-2998|
|Harcum College||750 Montgomery Ave, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania 19010-3470|
|Harris School of Business-Upper Darby Campus||20 South 69th St, Upper Darby, Pennsylvania 19082|
|Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg||1 HACC Dr., Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17110-2999|
|Indiana County Technology Center||441 Hamill Rd, Indiana, Pennsylvania 15701-1465|
|Institute of Medical Careers||133 Jefferson Road Suite 101, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15235-3718|
|Kaplan Career Institute-Broomall||1991 Sproul Road Suite 42, Broomall, Pennsylvania 19008|
|Kaplan Career Institute-Franklin Mills||177 Franklin Mills Blvd., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19154|
|Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg||5650 Derry St, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17111|
|Kaplan Career Institute-Philadelphia||3010 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104|
|Kaplan Career Institute-Pittsburgh||933 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222|
|Keystone Technical Institute||2301 Academy Dr, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17112-1012|
|Lancaster County Career and Technology Center||1730 Hans Herr Dr, Willow Street, Pennsylvania 17584|
|Lansdale School of Business||290 Wissahickon Avenue, North Wales, Pennsylvania 19454-4114|
|Laurel Business Institute||11 East Penn St, Uniontown, Pennsylvania 15401|
|Lebanon County Area Vocational Technical School||833 Metro Dr, Lebanon, Pennsylvania 17042|
|Lehigh Carbon Community College||4525 Education Park Dr, Schnecksville, Pennsylvania 18078-2598|
|Lincoln Technical Institute-Allentown||5151 Tilghman St, Allentown, Pennsylvania 18104-9889|
|Lincoln Technical Institute-Center City Philadelphia||3600 Market St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104|
|Lincoln Technical Institute-Northeast Philadelphia||2180 Hornig Rd, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19116|
|McCann School of Business & Technology||2650 Woodglen Road, Pottsville, Pennsylvania 17901|
|Montgomery County Community College||340 Dekalb Pike, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania 19422-0796|
|Mount Aloysius College||7373 Admiral Peary Hwy, Cresson, Pennsylvania 16630-1999|
|Northampton County Area Community College||3835 Green Pond Rd, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18020-7599|
|Penn Commercial Business/Technical School||242 Oak Spring Road, Washington, Pennsylvania 15301-6822|
|Pennsylvania Highlands Community College||101 Community College Way, Johnstown, Pennsylvania 15904|
|Pennsylvania Institute of Technology||800 Manchester Ave, Media, Pennsylvania 19063-4098|
|Prism Career Institute-Philadelphia||8040 Roosevelt Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19152|
|Prism Career Institute-Upper Darby||6800 Market Street, Upper Darby, Pennsylvania 19082|
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Pittsburgh||421 Seventh Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219-1907|
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Trevose||3600 Horizon Blvd., Suite GL1, Trevose, Pennsylvania 19053|
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Wilkins Township||777 Penn Center Boulevard, Building 7, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15235|
|Somerset County Technology Center||281 Technology Dr, Somerset, Pennsylvania 15501|
|South Hills School of Business & Technology||480 Waupelani Dr, State College, Pennsylvania 16801-4516|
|Star Career Academy-Audubon||2501 Monroe Boulevard, Audubon, Pennsylvania 19403-2422|
|Susquehanna County Career and Technology Center||1 Schoolhouse Rd, Dimock, Pennsylvania 18816-0100|
|Westmoreland County Community College||145 Pavilion Lane, Youngwood, Pennsylvania 15697-1895|
|York County School of Technology-Adult & Continuing Education||2179 S Queen St, York, Pennsylvania 17402-4696|
|Yorktowne Business Institute||W Seventh Ave, York, Pennsylvania 17404|
|YTI Career Institute-Altoona||2900 Fairway Dr, Altoona, Pennsylvania 16602|
|YTI Career Institute-Capital Region||401 East Winding Hill Road Suite 101, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 17055|
|YTI Career Institute-York||1405 Williams Road, York, Pennsylvania 17402|
Medical Assistant Schools in the Largest Cities in PA
Certified Medical Assistant classes in Pennsylvania can provide you with all of the skills and hands-on experience required to secure a position in the medical industry.
Generally, CMA courses are about 9 months to 2 years and can be finished through distance learning or at a classroom, and allow you to become qualified to sit for the Certified Medical Assistant certification examination used in your state.
It Could not be a Better Time to Work as a MA – Medical Assistant
Requirements and Programs
CMA Classes Prerequisites – Exactly What are They?
Programs to study for a job as a (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant have several requirements. You must meet the minimum age prerequisite, hold a H.S. diploma or equivalent, test negative for Tuberculosis and Hepatitis and be cleared by a background check.
CMA Programs – Some Things to Anticipate
If it is the right time to choose which Medical Assistant certification classes you want to go to, there are several items that you should consider looking over. Once you start looking, you’ll discover lots of programs, but what exactly should you really look for when selecting CMA schools? To make sure you won’t be squandering your time and money, it is essential to make sure the program or school you’ve picked is still certified by a well-known accrediting agency such as the ABHES or is recognized by the PA State Board. Although they are not as vital as the accreditation status, you should check out most of the following parts also:
- Does the institution have a job assistance service
- What’s the course’s graduate pass rate with regards to the certification exam
- Any specific criteria for going to the school or program
Do You Need to Have a (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant Certification in Pennsylvania?
The AAMA – American Association of Medical Assistants states that obtaining one’s (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant certification is essential for a Medical Assistant. The American Registry of Medical Assistants runs and controls the registry. Getting credentialed and listed is the only way you can be employed as a (MA) Medical Assistant.
You need to be aware that only a few states have similar requirements for accreditation or for job eligibility. Make sure you determine everything with your program and your state board.
Getting Started as a CMA in Pennsylvania
Working as a Certified Medical Assistant is definitely a worthwhile line of work for a number of women and men and this profession could be all yours if you wish to go along this route. These steps are required components of the process.
Job and Wages Prospects
Professional Outlook for (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant in Pennsylvania
O NET forecasts that the need for Certified Medical Assistants in Pennsylvania will approach all-time highs over the next few years. By the year 2020, the nation’s need for this position is predicted to increase at an impressive level. As you have seen, working as a Medical Assistant in Pennsylvania may very well be easier than you would imagine – particularly in comparison with other types of positions.
The expected occupation growth throughout Pennsylvania for (CMA) Certified Medical Assistants is going to be 29%, and it is looking to add 162,900 jobs in the next ten years!!
Getting Prepared for a New Job!
Now that you have received all of the guidelines and information necessary to start your future as a MA – Medical Assistant, now it’s up to you to enroll in CMA courses today!
Featured (MA) Medical Assistant Schools in Pennsylvania
- Encompasses the Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England brands.
- Lincoln schools made more than $15 million available nationally through scholarships to qualified students in 2015.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media; offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- First Lincoln Tech campus opened in 1946; now 30 campuses in 15 states across the United States.
- Campuses are accredited by the ACICS, ACCSC, ABHES, and NEASC
- Medical Assistant
- Start Earning Your Diploma in Specialized Technology From Fortis!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Works closely with an advisory board from the medical community to ensure that their curriculum, equipment and instruction are current and relevant.
- Offers special tuition pricing for Veterans, Active Duty Military and spouses/qualifying dependents of all Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves.
- ABHES-accredited: An advantage upon graduation
- Short-term education: Programs range from 10 months to 2 years
- Blackboard Learn mobile allows students to complete assignments on the go.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
The Berkeley Advantage®is part of a proven approach to career-focused education that can help students prepare for success.
- AAS in Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant