|Beal College||99 Farm Road, Bangor, Maine 04401|
|Central Maine Community College||1250 Turner Street, Auburn, Maine 04210-6498|
|Eastern Maine Community College||354 Hogan Rd, Bangor, Maine 04401|
|InterCoast Career Institute-South Portland||207 Gannett Dr, South Portland, Maine 04106|
|Kaplan University-Augusta Campus||14 Marketplace Drive, Augusta, Maine 04330|
|Kaplan University-Maine Campus||265 Western Ave, S Portland, Maine 04106-2415|
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Ave, Fairfield, Maine 04937-1367|
|Northeast Technical Institute||51 US RT 1, Suite K, Scarborough, Maine 04074-0000|
|Northern Maine Community College||33 Edgemont Dr, Presque Isle, Maine 04769-2016|
|Seacoast Career Schools-Sanford Campus||One Eagle Dr Ste 1, Sanford, Maine 04073|
|Southern Maine Community College||2 Fort Road, South Portland, Maine 04106-1698|
|Washington County Community College||One College Drive, Calais, Maine 04619|
|York County Community College||112 College Drive, Wells, Maine 04090|
If you would like a job in the medical field, Certified Medical Assistant programs in Maine are waiting to help you to get started now!
Regardless of whether they’re on the web or on campus, before you realize it your classes will have you sitting to take your certification exam required to start working as a Medical Assistant.
Medical Assistant Schools – The Main Points
Requirements and Schools to Select From
The Comprehensive Help Guide to Finishing Medical Assistant Schools
Even though there are not very many educational requirements to start working as a (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant, you should pay attention to the few that exist. The very first is to satisfy the age requirements and hold a high school diploma or equivalent, thirdly is to test negative for Hepatitis and Tuberculosis, and finally is to successfully pass a criminal background investigation.
Some Things You’ll Learn in CMA Certification Programs
We cannot say which of the Medical Assistant programs meets your needs, however we are able to offer the following helpful hints to help make your decision a little easier. It may feel as if there are lots of CMA programs in Maine, however you still have to choose the classes that will best guide you towards your long-term aspirations. First of all, figure out if the program has been endorsed or certified through the ME State Board or perhaps a major governing body such as the ABHES. Other areas to investigate include:
- Employment assistance support
- Exactly what is the school’s alumni pass rate when it comes to the certification test
- What are the standards to enroll in the program?
Certification and Licensing
Is it a Requirement That I Get a Certification?
Per the American Association of Medical Assistants, federal regulation of (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant certification is mandatory. The American Registry of Medical Assistants also states that a certified or licensed CMA should be on the national registry. After getting certified and listed, you can expect increased pay and a higher probability of work.
You should remember the fact that only a few states have similar requirements for licensing or for job eligibility. Make sure to validate all the facts with your program and state board.
How Can You Get Started as a (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant in Maine?
There are certain basic steps you will take if you want to be a Medical Assistant. The stages in the certification process are highlighted here.
Job and Income Prospects
How Strong is the Occupational Projection for (CMA) Certified Medical Assistant in Maine?
According to the O NET web site, Certified Medical Assistant are highly in demand in ME. Having an predicted average increase in new (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant jobs to grow incredibly fast annually by 2020, the remarkable rate of growth is much above the country’s average for all jobs. Regardless of whether your ultimate goal is to work within the healthcare field, there has never been a better time to look for a job as a Medical Assistant in Maine.
The growth inside Maine for Certified Medical Assistants is projected to be 29%, and it’s also looking to create 162,900 jobs in the next decade!!
You Now Have the Info Required for Success!
Now that you’ve been given all the guidelines and details needed to start working toward a future as a (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant, it is now your responsibility to enroll in Certified Medical Assistant classes right now!
Sponsored (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant Programs in Maine
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Health Care Administration
- BA/Health Care Administration
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our two campuses in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant