|Beal College||99 Farm Road, Bangor, Maine 04401|
|Central Maine Community College||1250 Turner Street, Auburn, Maine 04210-6498|
|Eastern Maine Community College||354 Hogan Rd, Bangor, Maine 04401|
|InterCoast Career Institute-South Portland||207 Gannett Dr, South Portland, Maine 04106|
|Kaplan University-Augusta Campus||14 Marketplace Drive, Augusta, Maine 04330|
|Kaplan University-Maine Campus||265 Western Ave, S Portland, Maine 04106-2415|
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Ave, Fairfield, Maine 04937-1367|
|Northeast Technical Institute||51 US RT 1, Suite K, Scarborough, Maine 04074-0000|
|Northern Maine Community College||33 Edgemont Dr, Presque Isle, Maine 04769-2016|
|Seacoast Career Schools-Sanford Campus||One Eagle Dr Ste 1, Sanford, Maine 04073|
|Southern Maine Community College||2 Fort Road, South Portland, Maine 04106-1698|
|Washington County Community College||One College Drive, Calais, Maine 04619|
|York County Community College||112 College Drive, Wells, Maine 04090|
If you would like a job in the medical field, Certified Medical Assistant programs in Maine are waiting to help you to get started now!
Regardless of whether they’re on the web or on campus, before you realize it your classes will have you sitting to take your certification exam required to start working as a Medical Assistant.
Medical Assistant Schools – The Main Points
Requirements and Schools to Select From
The Comprehensive Help Guide to Finishing Medical Assistant Schools
Even though there are not very many educational requirements to start working as a (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant, you should pay attention to the few that exist. The very first is to satisfy the age requirements and hold a high school diploma or equivalent, thirdly is to test negative for Hepatitis and Tuberculosis, and finally is to successfully pass a criminal background investigation.
Some Things You’ll Learn in CMA Certification Programs
We cannot say which of the Medical Assistant programs meets your needs, however we are able to offer the following helpful hints to help make your decision a little easier. It may feel as if there are lots of CMA programs in Maine, however you still have to choose the classes that will best guide you towards your long-term aspirations. First of all, figure out if the program has been endorsed or certified through the ME State Board or perhaps a major governing body such as the ABHES. Other areas to investigate include:
- Employment assistance support
- Exactly what is the school’s alumni pass rate when it comes to the certification test
- What are the standards to enroll in the program?
Certification and Licensing
Is it a Requirement That I Get a Certification?
Per the American Association of Medical Assistants, federal regulation of (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant certification is mandatory. The American Registry of Medical Assistants also states that a certified or licensed CMA should be on the national registry. After getting certified and listed, you can expect increased pay and a higher probability of work.
You should remember the fact that only a few states have similar requirements for licensing or for job eligibility. Make sure to validate all the facts with your program and state board.
How Can You Get Started as a (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant in Maine?
There are certain basic steps you will take if you want to be a Medical Assistant. The stages in the certification process are highlighted here.
Job and Income Prospects
How Strong is the Occupational Projection for (CMA) Certified Medical Assistant in Maine?
According to the O NET web site, Certified Medical Assistant are highly in demand in ME. Having an predicted average increase in new (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant jobs to grow incredibly fast annually by 2020, the remarkable rate of growth is much above the country’s average for all jobs. Regardless of whether your ultimate goal is to work within the healthcare field, there has never been a better time to look for a job as a Medical Assistant in Maine.
The growth inside Maine for Certified Medical Assistants is projected to be 29%, and it’s also looking to create 162,900 jobs in the next decade!!
You Now Have the Info Required for Success!
Now that you’ve been given all the guidelines and details needed to start working toward a future as a (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant, it is now your responsibility to enroll in Certified Medical Assistant classes right now!
Sponsored (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant Programs in Maine
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care