|Anthem Career College-Memphis||5865 Shelby Oaks Circle, Memphis, Tennessee 38134|
|Anthem Career College-Nashville||560 Royal Parkway, Nashville, Tennessee 37214|
|Chattanooga College Medical Dental and Technical Careers||3805 Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37411-3742|
|Concorde Career College-Memphis||5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132, Memphis, Tennessee 38137-0132|
|Daymar Institute-Clarksville||2691 Trenton Road, Clarksville, Tennessee 37040|
|Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro||415 Golden Bear Court, Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37128|
|Daymar Institute-Nashville||340 Plus Park Blvd, Nashville, Tennessee 37217|
|Fortis Institute-Cookeville||1025 Highway 111, Cookeville, Tennessee 38501-4305|
|Fortis Institute-Nashville||3354 Perimeter Hill Drive, Suite 105, Nashville, Tennessee 37211|
|Genesis Career College-Cookeville||880-A East 10th Street, Cookeville, Tennessee 38501-1907|
|Kaplan Career Institute-Nashville||750 Envious Lane, Nashville, Tennessee 37217-5318|
|Miller-Motte Technical College-Chattanooga||6020 Shallowford Road Suite 100, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37421|
|Miller-Motte Technical College-Clarksville||1820 Business Park Dr, Clarksville, Tennessee 37040|
|Miller-Motte Technical College-Madison||1515 Gallatin Pike North, Madison, Tennessee 37115|
|Nashville College of Medical Careers||1556 Crestview Dr, Madison, Tennessee 37115-2120|
|National College-Nashville||1638 Bell Road, Nashville, Tennessee 37211|
|Remington College-Memphis Campus||2710 Nonconnah Blvd, Memphis, Tennessee 38132|
|Remington College-Nashville Campus||441 Donelson Pk Ste 150, Nashville, Tennessee 37214|
|South College||3904 Lonas Road, Knoxville, Tennessee 37909-0000|
|Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Hartsville||716 McMurry Blvd East, Hartsville, Tennessee 37074-2028|
|Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Knoxville||1100 Liberty St, Knoxville, Tennessee 37919|
|Tennessee College of Applied Technology-McMinnville||241 Vo Tech Dr, McMinnville, Tennessee 37110|
|Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Ripley||127 Industrial Drive, Ripley, Tennessee 38063|
|Vatterott College-Appling Farms||6991 Appling Farms Parkway, Memphis, Tennessee 38133|
|Vatterott College-Dividend||2655 Dividend Drive, Memphis, Tennessee 38132|
|Victory University||255 N. Highland St., Memphis, Tennessee 38111-1375|
|Virginia College-Knoxville||5003 North Broadway Street, Knoxville, Tennessee 37918-2472|
|Virginia College-School of Business and Health-Chattanooga||721 Eastgate Loop Rd., Chattanooga, Tennessee 37411|
|West Tennessee Business College||1186 Highway 45 Bypass, Jackson, Tennessee 38301|
Medical Assistant Schools in the Largest Cities in Tennessee
Certified Medical Assistant programs in Tennessee are accessible to any person interested in working in a medical environment, and courses are taking brand new pupils every month!
In as little as 6 months to 1 year, you can finish your choice of a distance learning or on-campus class, and challenge the state’s certification examination for the chance to be recognized as a (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant.
CMA Classes – The Facts
Requirements and Programs to Choose From
Requirements for CMA Classes
MA – Medical Assistant course prerequisites will range from one school to the next but will usually have a few standard conditions. You will need to be the legal age, already have earned a H.S. diploma or equivalent, successfully pass a background check and then you must have a negative test result for Tuberculosis and Hepatitis.
What to Consider When Choosing Medical Assistant Classes in Tennessee
Even though there is not a guidebook on how you can pick the perfect Medical Assistant programs, there are items to consider. Looking for Certified Medical Assistant certification classes might possibly sound easy, but you must ensure that that you’re deciding on the right type of education. Any CMA schools that you intend to register for will have to be approved by a national oversight agency such as the ABHES or by your State Board . Some other areas that you want to check out apart from accreditation may include:
- How does the timeframe of the (CMA) Certified Medical Assistant school stack up to comparable programs?
- The historical rating of former students successfully completing the certification test
- Chat with past students or practicing (CMA) Certified Medical Assistant to learn their opinions on the course
Why Should a Certification Matter So Much?
According to the AAMA, federal regulation of (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant certification is required. The American Registry of Medical Assistants manages a national registry that has each and every registered (CMA) Certified Medical Assistant on it. National registry index and obtaining a certification will allow you to access better pay and work possibilities.
You’ll want to remember that only a few states have the same requirements for certification or for work eligibility. Be sure you check everything with your school and state board.
Simple Tips to Start Working as a CMA in Tennessee
You have the chance to begin a new job as a (CMA) Certified Medical Assistant through following a handful of basic steps. The steps in the certification process are highlighted here.
Job and Income Outlook
The Total (CMA) Certified Medical Assistant Occupational Guidebook for Tennessee
In the most recent data from O*NET ONLINE, people trying to find work as a Medical Assistant in TN is in a great spot. The domestic rate of growth for this position is far ahead of the average for all occupations and is also among the best in the health care industry. This means that the time is right to start a new job as a (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant in Tennessee.
The anticipated employment growth in Tennessee for (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistants is 29%, and it’s also expecting to add 162,900 jobs over the next decade!
You Now Have the Knowledge Needed for Success!
Now that you have acquired all the information required to train for a job as a (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant, now it is up to you to locate (CMA)-Certified Medical Assistant classes and get started immediately!
Featured CMA Schools in Tennessee
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Available programs include Health Administrative Services, Human, Social, and Health Services, Medical Billing Administration, and Medical Office Management.
- Professional financial aid advisors work with students individually to find the best financial aid solution.
- All programs are 100% online.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Medical Billing Administrative Specialist - Associate of Applied Science
- Works closely with an advisory board from the medical community to ensure that their curriculum, equipment and instruction are current and relevant.
- Offers special tuition pricing for Veterans, Active Duty Military and spouses/qualifying dependents of all Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves.
- ABHES-accredited: An advantage upon graduation
- Short-term education: Programs range from 10 months to 2 years
- Blackboard Learn mobile allows students to complete assignments on the go.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Medical Assisting, Associate of Science
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Dental Assisting, Associates Degree
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AS Medical Assisting
- BS Health Science w/Con Nuclear Medicine
- And more...